Saturday, May 12, 2018

Trip out West March/April2018 Amarillo, TX

March 21st, 2018, headed out West. This is the first pic of our new RV. We took two trips in the other RV, and, traded up to this one. David is hoping this is not a trend. 
First stop, Amarillo, Tx. 
We stayed at Overnight RV Park in Amarillo for two nights. It was an OK park, but, not a place I would like to stay for an extended period of time. It looked like there were a lot of people that live there full time, and, it hadn't been updated in a while. 
Day one we headed to Cadillac Ranch to do some art work. We have passed by this place several times in the past, but, never stopped. Well, this was time. If you get the chance when going through Amarillo, STOP. It's just West of town right off I-40. It was fun taking the spray cans, and, going wild. Take the time to read some of Graffiti, it's amazing how many foreigners have stopped, and, signed the cars. 
Bucket list: checked







We also had to stop at The Big Texan Steak House right off I-40. Trust me, you can't miss it. We didn't try the 72oz steak, so, needless to say, we paid for our dinner. It might be more hype than good, but, I was worth the stop.
 Bucket list: checked.
While in Amarillo, we took a side trip to Palo Doro Canyon. It's just a short drive outside of town. We had no idea what to expect, but, it was prettier than we could have imagined. 













It was a great start to an amazing trip out West. I know some of you have been a part of my Facebook page, and, I'm glad you are joining me on my blog. I will be adding a lot more pictures on the blog than I did on Facebook. So, I hope you enjoy them. 
Remember, I love comments, and, questions.